SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you subscribe to our newsletter or purchase something from our store, as part of the subscription, buying, and selling processes, we collect the personal information you give us, such as your name, address, and email address. When you browse our websites, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: with your permission, we may send you emails about our editorial, our store, new products, and other updates.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, you consent to our collection and use for that purpose only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information at anytime, by contacting us at [email protected] or 1412 Broadway, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10018.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – BIG COMMERCE
Our store is hosted on BIG COMMERCE Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored in Big Commerce’s data storage, databases, and the general Big Commerce application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Big Commerce stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After your purchase is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Big Commerce’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. For, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links in our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional industry standards.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
- Persistence. We use both session-based and persistent cookies on our websites. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. A website may set a cookie if the browser’s preferences allow it. A browser only permits a website to access the cookies that it has set, not those set by other websites.
- Essential. These cookies are necessary for our website to work as intended.
- Functional. These cookies enable enhanced functionality, like videos and live chat. Without these cookies, certain functions may become unavailable.
- Analytics. These cookies provide statistical information on site usage. For example, these cookies enable web analytics that allow us to improve our website over time.
- Targeting and Advertising. These cookies are used to create profiles or personalize content to enhance your experience.
- Control. It is possible to disable cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use our website. For instance, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our website. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. Please use the following links for further instructions: Other Resources. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org, or aboutcookies.org.
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any of your personal information, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact [email protected] or 1412 Broadway, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10018.